Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Joint user survey with EnterpriseDB?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 20:14 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 11:59 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > On 6/30/09 8:52 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > > We (PostgreSL project) should be sending out an email one month after
> > > release of 8.4 to elicit structured feedback. This should be an integral
> > > part of the release process.
> >
> > I completely agree.  Volunteers?
>
> Happy to.

Here's proposed timetable:

1. Discuss questions on pgsql-advocacy, list edited on Wiki
   Questions final call on 17 July
   Questions finalised by 24 July in SGML

2. Discuss impact of survey response on pgsql-www list.
   Any required infrastructure changes, targeted in-place by 1 Aug

3. Questions sent to translators on 24 July
   Request responses by 31 July

4. When everything in place, send out survey to pgsql-announce.
   This may be anywhere from 1 Aug onwards, depending on how it goes.
   Let survey run for 2 months.
   pg_dump of survey responses published