Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?

From: Joshua D. Drake
Subject: Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Craig James, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Erik Aronesty, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Marcin Stępnicki, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Jerry Champlin", )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
    Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Carey, )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (David Wall, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dave Page, )
  Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Scott Mead, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Ron Mayer, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Alex Adriaanse, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
 Re: Hosted servers with good DB disk performance?  ("Markus Wanner", )

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 19:52 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Scott Carey <> wrote:

> >> Part of the idea was to avoid buying a stack of servers, if this were just
> >> a "where do I put the boxes at?" problem I'd have just asked you about it
> >> already.

Heh. Well on another consideration any "rental" will out live its cost
effectiveness in 6 months or less. At least if you own the box, its
useful for a long period of time.

Heck I got a quad opteron, 2 gig of memory with 2 6402 HP controllers
and 2 fully loaded MSA30s for 3k. Used of course but still.

The equivalent machine brand new is 10k and the same machine from Rack
Space is going to be well over 1200.00 a month.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP:
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/