Re: [SQL] Tunning PostgreSQL performance for views on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lewis Cunningham
Subject Re: [SQL] Tunning PostgreSQL performance for views on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
How big are the underlying tables?

If they are large, are you partitioning?

Since the values only change daily, if the end result is a reasonable
size, have you considered using a CTAS rather than views?

LewisC

--- Ranieri Mazili <ranieri.oliveira@terra.com.br> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm developing a BI and as database it's using postgresql 8.2, how
> data
> are very detailed, I'm creating a view to consolidate the most
> important
> data, but the performance of view is very poor, 1 minute to perform
> more
> or less without where clause.
> I need to know how I can increase the performance, if exist some
> option
> to do cache, because the view will change only one time per day.
> My configuration is default, without modifications after install.
> I'm using windows 2003 server with a dell server with 4GB of
> memory.
>
> To create the view, I created some functions, and then perform they
> on
> one select like:
> select A.field1, B.field2, ... from function_A() A, function_B()
> B...
> Is this the best way to do it?
>
> I appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks