Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Moving postgresql.conf tunables into 2003...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Kevin Brown and I followed that up by trying to build a downloadable public
> domain database that could be used for benchmarking.  However, he got an FT
> job and I got distracted by prep for 7.4.  So, a little help?

BTW, OSDL (Linus' new home ;-)) is starting to release Postgres-friendly
versions of some of the open-source benchmarks they've been working on.
I wouldn't put all my faith in any one benchmark, but with a few to
choose from we might start to get someplace.

Also, for any of you who will be at O'Reilly next week, OSDL is just up
the road and I'm expecting to meet with them Tuesday afternoon/evening.
Anyone else interested in going?

            regards, tom lane