Re: Automating Partitions in PostgreSQL - Query on syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dickson S. Guedes
Subject Re: Automating Partitions in PostgreSQL - Query on syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em Ter, 2009-04-21 às 19:33 +0530, Kedar Potdar escreveu:

(...)

> You can have multiple columns as partition key attributes and values
> for these attributes should appear in the order specified.

How would be the behavior if the partition keys are foreing key with ON
UPDATE CASCADE? I'm thinking in the scenario that this is allowed we can
do a update that don't satisfies the actual partition rule but another
in other partition, so the data will be moved?

This make senses?

[]s
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz