Re: Array passing - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: Array passing
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Maybe this is obvious, but have you tried applying the patch to CVS as
of the date of that mailing list post? That should (hopefully) give you
a good idea whether (and to what extent) it did work at the time.

-Maciek

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lister <john.lister-ps@kickstone.com>
To: Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Array passing
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 14:54:11 +0100

I've applied the patch, but there seems to be a couple of issues.

To do binary transfer, it needs to do a describe before the bind so as to
get the returned field types. This seems to only be done when
ForceBinaryTransfer is set.

Secondly when it does the describe, sendParse trashes the fields details by
setting them to null before the main query is executed.

Did this patch use to work, i can't see how in its current form.

I'll continue investigating unless there are any hints...

Thanks