Re: syslog enabled causes random hangs? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From award@dominionsciences.com
Subject Re: syslog enabled causes random hangs?
Date
List pgsql-admin
> It's really too bad that your gdb backtrace didn't show anything past
> the write_syslog level (which is an elog subroutine).  If we could see
> whether the elog had been issued from a signal handler, and if so what
> it had interrupted, we'd have an idea whether this is a known syslog
> deficiency or not.  Do you want to rebuild with debug symbols and try
> the backtrace again?

Since you think it might be necessary to add a workaround in Postgresql,
I'll try it again when I install 7.3.4 on my test machine. That will
probably be in a few days. I need to get back to real work again. :-)

I'm sure I rebuilt 7.3.3 with the symbols left in place. Off the top of
your head do you know an easy way to tell if a binary still has symbols?