Re: pgsql: Adjust Release Notes to reflect holding off wrapped expanded mod - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust Release Notes to reflect holding off wrapped expanded mod
Date
List pgsql-committers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Actually, that needs to be done in master, which is always the
>> authoritative copy of release-note SGML files.

> hm, interesting. ok.

To clarify --- there's certainly no harm in patching the back-branch
copies too.  But when Bruce or I work on the release notes, what we
generally do is work on the master-branch copies, and then copy those
files verbatim into the relevant back branches.  The reason for the
file-per-branch structure of the release notes is to make this easy.

            regards, tom lane