Re: alternate regression dbs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: alternate regression dbs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> The easy implementation would require building a temp install tree for
>> each PL, which seems mighty slow and disk-space-hungry.

> yes, way too much work if done as a separate run. The only way it would
> make sense to me would be if we integrated them into the core check run
> somehow. But I very  much doubt it is worth it.

Yeah.  I was seriously thinking of proposing that, until I realized that
putting knowledge of the available optional PLs under src/test/regress
is probably exactly what we don't want to do, given that there are
likely to be more and more of them.  We really want that knowledge
localized in src/pl.

Perhaps src/pl/Makefile could be taught to implement "make check" (and
"make installcheck" for that matter) at its own level, and run the tests
for all the configured PLs using only one installation step.  But at the
moment it seems more trouble than it's worth.