Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 14:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> You're just putting the hard decision onto packagers, who have no more
> >> knowledge than you do about what their users want, and (probably)
> >> considerably less understanding of the benefits/risks of some new
> >> configure option they happen to notice.

At this point I don't know that any of this is going anywhere. I have
presented what I think is a reasonable compromise to accept the feature.
A compile-time option which was as designed all along with a flag called
experimental. Which will be vastly easier to get people to test over
time versus having to run a fork.

I am for including this patch. I believe it is worth the risk.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -