Re: Prepping to break every past release... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Prepping to break every past release...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:02 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 07:28 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
>
> > > Would it be better to publish them as an external project?
> >
> > It's been an external project, newsysviews, since before 8.1 came out.
> > I think it's time to bring it in from the cold.  Call the new schema
> > pg_sysviews, plop it in there, and call it done :)
>
> Yeh Andrew said. That I never noticed in the last 3+ years makes me
> think there's not many people using it...

Well I know of it and have never used it. Mainly because I didn't (and
still don't) really know what it does. From an outsider looking in, the
project is dead. The home page isn't updated (it talks about 8.1) and
the CVS repo appears to not have had a commit in 2 years.

How is anyone in the general community supposed to have any idea if this
is a good idea or not?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--