Re: Sampling Profler for Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dickson S. Guedes
Subject Re: Sampling Profler for Postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em Ter, 2009-03-10 às 10:23 +0900, ITAGAKI Takahiro escreveu:
> Thanks for testing. Network (or communication between pgbench and postgres)
> seems to be a bottleneck on your machine.

Yes, it is a very poor machine for quicktest. I'll test other
environments tomorrow.

> > Two questions here:
> >
> > 1) How will be this behavior in a syncrep environment? I don't have one
> > here to test this, yet.
>
> I think it has relation with hot-standby, but not syncrep.
> Profiling is enabled when stats collector process is running.
> We already run the collector during warm-standby, so profiling would
> be also available on log-shipping slaves.

OK. Thanks.

> > 2) I couldn't find a clear way to disable it. There is one in this patch
> > or are you planning this to future?
>
> Ah, I forgot sampling should be disabled when track_activities is off.
> I'll fix it in the next patch. Also, I'd better measure overheads
> by the patch.

Will be very nice if I could on/off it. When done, please send us. I'd
like to test it in some stress scenarios, enabling and disabling it on
some environment and comparing with my old benchmarks.

Regards,
--
Dickson S. Guedes
mail/xmpp: guedes@guedesoft.net - skype: guediz