Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Miller
Subject Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request
Date
List pgsql-hackers

David Miller <miller392@yahoo.com> writes:

> I would like to request a change to the PGBE_ACTIVITY_SIZE #define in the pgstat.h file. This value determines the
maxlength of the SQL query contained in the PgBackendStatus structure.

> By increasing the value of this #define to 32768 we are able to capture queries larger than the 1024 default using
justpgAdmin or Postgres Studio. I would like to have this change considered for future releases.

> Highly unlikely that we'd push it so high, because of the amount of
> shared memory it would eat.

>            regards, tom lane

That is fine.. Maybe a dynamic configurable parameter that can be set/updated while the database is running. This issue
liesin the fact that we have queries larger than 1K and we would like to be able to capture the entire query from
PostgresStudio without having to process the log files..

Thanks,

David Miller