Re: [HACKERS] shared memory based stat collector (was: Sharing record typmods between backends) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] shared memory based stat collector (was: Sharing record typmods between backends)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think it would be a bad idea to remove both
> dynamic_shared_memory_type=none and dynamic_shared_memory_type=mmap.
> If you do that, then somebody who doesn't have root and whose system
> configuration is messed up can't start PostgreSQL at all.

I'd be happy to leave the mmap option in place if it were getting
tested regularly.  As things stand, I'm doubtful that someone who
was stuck in this hypothetical bad place could rely on it to work
at all.