Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 19:21 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Then why has *nobody* stepped up to review the design, much less the
> >> whole patch?
>
> > It was only today that I saw an announcement go out to our announce list
> > to try and get people to pop their heads up and help. It looks like
> > today is the day that someone actually reached out to the SELinux folks
> > and asked for help.
>
> Hmm, you think selinux people read pgsql-announce?

*shrug* they very well might if they are also postgres people.

>  But seriously,
> we *have* been trying to get people's attention for this patch, both
> inside and outside the postgres community, for well over a year now.
> The lack of response has been depressing and (IMHO) telling.  Nowhere
> have we gotten anything more concrete than "ooh, that's cool ... maybe
> I might use it someday, but I can't be bothered right now".

Well that is certainly unfortunate. If the very community that invented
the tech isn't willing to help.... :(

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -