Re: Controlling hot standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Controlling hot standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 17:07 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Merlin Moncure wrote:
> > Is 'hot standby' going to be the official moniker for the feature?
> > (not 'standby replication', or something else?).  I wonder if we
> > should pick something more descriptive.
>
> Could also be something like "allow_connections_during_recovery".
>
> I'd keep the word "replication" out of this..

I suspect that it is used much more during "hot standby" than during
simple "recovery", which would mean something you do after unclean
shutdown or when restoring from backup.

maybe allow_hot_slaves  ;)

Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability   Services, Consulting and Training