Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > gah, I find that to be terrible.  If we wanted to compromise, I'd
> > rather have \df do what it does today, to keep backwards-compat and
> > not confuse users, and \dfU to do what I want 99% of the time.
>
> This seems to me to be the compromise most likely to dissatisfy everyone
> the least ...

I could live with that. Although I really think we should review how it
interacts with search paths, but that could be a 8.5 thing.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997