Re: A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 22:59 +0100, Reg Me Please wrote:
> I got some compilation error (I run Ubuntu) that needs investigation.
> From the documentation it seems exactly what I was looking for!

Please discuss my module in the mailing list for the project itself, or
email me directly with more details (e.g. what commands you ran).

> I would put this thing among the official contribs: any chance?

I am working on some supporting code that might be included in
PostgreSQL and allow my module to support even more useful functions.

Until then, it can probably live on pgfoundry separately. My
understanding is that contrib is not meant to include every module
that's useful, but only those that have a reason to be distributed and
released jointly with PostgreSQL.

If I write new operators or fix a bug, I think it's best to be able to
distribute that immediately rather than waiting for PostgreSQL to do
another release.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis