Re: Documenting pglesslog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Documenting pglesslog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 13:21 +0900, Koichi Suzuki wrote:

> I have no intention to make pglesslog to conflict to PostgreSQL
> license.   Any advice is welcome to make pglesslog available without
> any license concern.

I understand, no part of my comments were against you or your work.

> I've a question and ideas.
>
> Bruce's modification directly points to my pgfoundry page.   I'm not
> sure what it means.  Does it mean that I have to maintain the page for
> a while?   If pglesslog helps for future releases, can it be a part of
> PostgreSQL release, as contrib module so that all the documentation in
> pgfoundry (although very simple) is included in the release material?

I think it would be better to create a Wiki page that is directly
controlled by the project, which describes additions to PITR (or other
aspects of the project) and contains links. I think everyone accepts
that the Wiki can have off-project links.

That way people can submit their work without needing to make
off-project links permanent from the docs. If people then change their
site content in future we can more easily change the link.

For example, Josh can make contributions there as well.