Re: Documenting pglesslog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Documenting pglesslog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 03:12 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 21:09 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Comments?
>
> If this is for backpatching, it makes sense. We should at least wait
> until sync rep is accepted or rejected and docs written.

Why? Even if sync rep is accepted, pglesslog would still be useful for
those who aren't using wal archiving right?

> In general I don't think we should refer/link to other companies'
> copyrighted materials in our documentation. That could cause
> difficulties.

What? That seems a bit odd. I see zero problem with linking to the page,
especially considering it is an open source project hosted on a
postgresql project service.

> If you're going to do this, then I think you should go through the docs
> and refer directly to many other commonly used tools that are also on
> pg_foundry.

Well have some more information would certainly be useful but in this
particular case I don't know of anything else on pgfoundry that would
actually help with the problem Bruce is trying to solve.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997