Re: PiTR and other architectures.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: PiTR and other architectures....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 10:15 +1100, Philip Warner wrote:
> wow...that's a little scary. Sounds like there is no trustworthy test I
> can run. Other than the case of collation differences, are there any
> other kinds of problems that would not be detected by even a postmaster
> restart?

I can't answer that question authoritatively. If the locales obey the
same rules, and pg_controldata has the same output for the relevant
values (as Heikki mentioned), I *think* it will work.

But, as Simon pointed out, is it really worth the risk? PITR is closer
to a physical process, and it's probably wise to just assume it's not
portable.

Regards,Jeff Davis