Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Custom Domain; migration from 8.4 to 9.1 and COLLATE
Date
List pgsql-general
Evan Carroll <me@evancarroll.com> writes:
> I've been able to reproduce it in a fresh database. This is a PSQL
> script 2a and 2b will fail.

Doesn't reproduce for me.  I guess one question is how you are loading
citext into the "fresh" database --- maybe you are inheriting a bum copy
from template1?

But anyway, looking at this example makes me realize that there is an
oversight in the recommended update script: it does not consider the
possibility that it needs to fix domains over citext.  Try doing
the updates with target type name equal to each such domain you have.

            regards, tom lane