Re: Possible bug? WAS :Bad (null) varchar() external representation. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible bug? WAS :Bad (null) varchar() external representation.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Justin Clift <aa2@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> I haven't seen a mention of a maximum number of constraints of similar
> applying to a table.  If so, then could someone please point me to it...

There is no such limit that I know of.

> Yet if I remove BOTH the "staff_details_phone_three" &
> "staff_details_managers_notes" constraints it works  :

Are you absolutely certain that that's how it went?  I think the most
likely story is just that you were hitting the length(varchar)-barfs-
on-NULL bug, and got confused about which combinations you'd tried.
        regards, tom lane