Re: PostgreSQL TPC-H test result? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: PostgreSQL TPC-H test result?
Date
List pgsql-general

> That's probably not good because it *looks* like we support the syntax,
> but in fact produce non-spec-compliant results.  I think it might be
> better if we threw an error.

Definitely. If we accept SQL Standard syntax like this but then not do
what we should, it is clearly an ERROR. Our reputation will be damaged
if we don't, since people will think that we are blase about standards
compliance and about query correctness. Please lets move swiftly to plug
this hole, as if it were a data loss bug (it is, if it causes wrong
answers to queries for unsuspecting users).