Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 03:12 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> First, it is possible that the history file name is not
> >
> > ...always...
>
> Not always.

Agreed. I was adding the word "always" after the word "not", sorry if
that wasn't clear.

> BTW, I have one question. Why does BackupHistoryFilePath need to be duplicated
> in pg_stop_backup? I think that the latter one is redundant. Am I
> missing something?

Duplicated? It's a different filename each time its used. One piece of
code writes the file and the other piece reads it (sometime later). The
code is executed in different processes, at different times.