Re: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Please CC your replies to the list, too:

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 12:20 -0430, Ricardo Antonio Yepez Jimenez wrote:
> Gracias Devrim , ya instale la librería libxml2, pero sigue sin
> funcional cuando ejecuto un select xmlelement, arroja el siguente
> error
>
> You need to rebuild PostgreSQL using --with-libxml.

(I don't know Spanish or such -- I'm using Google to translate these
into English ;) )

After installing libxml2 from sources, you will need to recompile
PostgreSQL against these sources...

If I were you, I would find a way to upgrade to RHEL 5 -- all problems
would go away.

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE