Re: timestamp default current_timestamp not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: timestamp default current_timestamp not working
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/14/21 9:36 AM, Sanjay Minni wrote:
Hi

I am not getting the timestamp value which i am expecting to be automatically inserted in the column defined:
"timestamp" timestamp with time zone DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
(I see the above definition in pgadmin4 in the tab SQL.
I have set it thru pgadmin4 table->properties->columns by entering CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in the default column)

why is the timestamp value not being automatically inserted by the system

We do not know exactly what you're doing,  (Always provide sample code when asking a "why doesn't this work?" question.)