Re: issue with pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: issue with pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
Nigel Heron <nigel@psycode.com> writes:
> On 11-07-28 09:41 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm wondering if it could be the same bug reported two days ago:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/201107270042.22427.julian@mehnle.net
>> Have you got standard_conforming_strings turned on?

> That must be it! I do have standard_conforming_strings on. What i found
> is a string ending with a backslash as a default in a column definition
> .. so that bug must be more wide spread than just comments.

Yeah, actually it affects any situation where a string literal in the
SQL dump ends in a backslash.  I've committed a patch for it, but in the
meantime the best workaround is to not use a direct-to-database restore,
but pipe the SQL output through psql.

            regards, tom lane