Re: pgsql: Remove testing for precise LSN/reserved bytes in new TAP test - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove testing for precise LSN/reserved bytes in new TAP test
Date
List pgsql-committers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
>> Sorry for the wrong test file.
>> Checking in lower precision would be sufficient.

> I noticed that prailiedog failed in another mode.

Yeah.  We have at least four different buildfarm members complaining
about this test case.  I took this patch and further lobotomized the
tests by removing *all* dependencies on restart_lsn and
pg_current_wal_lsn().  If anybody wants to put any of that back,
the burden of proof will be on them to show why we should believe
the results will be stable, not for the buildfarm to demonstrate
that they're not.

            regards, tom lane