Re: pgbench minor fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgbench minor fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 00:06 +1000, Russell Smith wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Minor patch on pgbench
> >
> > 1. -i option should run vacuum analyze only on pgbench tables, not *all*
> > tables in database.
> >
> How does this work with custom scripts?

I don't think we can justify vacuuming every table in the database just
so we get any tables being used for one set of tests. Not in a utility
that many users have access to, not just superusers. If you use a custom
script you just need to write a pre-test script and run it with psql.