Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: Limits of backwards compatibility for psql's \d commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Pre-7.3 server versions seem entirely out of the realm of reason
> because they lack schema support, meaning all of those "pg_catalog."
> prefixes break, not to mention the joins to pg_namespace and the
> "schema" output columns.  So it's just 7.3 that's worth debating, I
> think.

We already abandoned 7.3 , so IMHO we should not worry
about compatibility with it anymore, unless we are strongly forced to.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr                  http://www.gunduz.org