Re: duration logging setting in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: duration logging setting in 7.4
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ryszard Lach <ryszard@lach.name> writes:
> It seems, that empty statements are generated during opening of
> connection.

Hmm.  Try asking about that on the pgsql-jdbc list.  I think the JDBC
driver must actually be sending empty commands.

Looking at the backend code, I realize that 7.4 will emit LOG: entries
for empty query strings, whereas prior releases would not.  This isn't
a bug IMHO, but it does explain why you are noticing output that wasn't
there before you updated to 7.4.

            regards, tom lane