Re: Losing data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Losing data
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 20:29 +0100, Garry Saddington wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 19:03, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk>
> >
> PS
> Could it be somethiing to do with libpq.so.4/5 required by psycopg and will

I think it certainly has something to do with psycopg and the way it
handles commits. Especially based on the description of what you say
above where some work and some don't. My guess (as I mentioned
previously) is there is a bit of code in your report generator that
doesn't call commit correctly.

> the WAL hold data to be replayed?

Only if you are pushing the logs off for standby operations and only if
you commit.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake