Re: Cleaning up cross-type arithmetic operators - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Cleaning up cross-type arithmetic operators
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> What I'm inclined to do is remove the two % operators, which don't
> seem likely to be performance-critical

Can you discuss what you see as the benefit or trade-offs for doing
that? Removing things tends to have major potential for annoying users
following an upgrade.

We can put them back manually if they are performance critical, right?
Can we document this somehow/somewhere? Which operators were not thought
to be generally important? Thanks.