Re: scripts for the tutorial - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: scripts for the tutorial
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net> writes:
> Max <emmix79@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> i am searching for the scripts mentionend at one of the first chapters of the
>> SQL-tutorial (Part II of the manuals)

> Install postgresql-server-dev-8.3 and postgresql-doc-8.3.

In the RPM distributions, the docs subpackage installs those files
under /usr/lib/pgsql/tutorial or /usr/lib64/pgsql/tutorial, depending
on the platform word size.  (IIRC they were once installed under
/usr/share/pgsql/tutorial, until somebody noticed that some of the
files are .so's which are platform-specific.)  I'm not sure if the
Debian packaging does it the same or not.

            regards, tom lane