Re: PostgreSQL derivatives - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 18:36 -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Robert Treat wrote:
> e best terminology to describe the distinction.
>
> > And actually, I don't know of any contributions they have made directly
> > to the community.
>
> Don't make me start one of those discussions about how there are a lot of
> way to directly contribute to the community besides straight code writing.
> If we start it will get Joshua all worked up about that again.

I actually consider the Truviso contribution direct to the community.
Its just that CMD was paid to do it. This isn't really any different
than the work Alvaro did on multi-vacuum workers. CMD didn't "directly"
do the work, we paid a human to do that, Alvaro.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake