Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 09:50 +0200, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> > Not sure what you mean by this? EVery article I looked at does link back to
> > the originating blog. All the links in my article, for example, still work
> > exactly as I wrote them:
> >
> > http://swik.net/PostgreSQL/Planet+Postgresql/Greg+Sabino+Mullane%3A+DBD%3A%3APg+advanced+tracing+options/b3sdf
> >
> > or: http://tinyurl.com/54lg28
>
> Every article which in original comes from planetpg is copied and
> linked into this wiki. Links to external websites are fine.

I think there is some confusion here. When I click the link above it
takes me to the "teaser" of the article. The teaser then points directly
to the source article.

I don't see this as any different than what search engines do. In fact
what it appears they are is a super aggregator. They are trolling the
web looking for feeds tagged PostgreSQL and bringing them into a central
portal.

Look here:

http://swik.net/PostgreSQL

As far as their license:

All original text is available as  Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike

The text from the feeds isn't original text.

Unless someone can point out something specific that I don't see, I
think we should thank these fine people for providing yet another way to
find information about PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake