Re: pgsql: Report which WAL sync method we are trying to change *to* when it - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: pgsql: Report which WAL sync method we are trying to change *to* when it
Date
Re: pgsql: Report which WAL sync method we are trying to change *to* when it
List pgsql-committers
> > Simon Riggs wrote:
> >> Could we report both?
>
> > Yes, we could easily do that if we want to.
>
> It would be entirely silly to do so, since (a) the old value hasn't been
> changed if we fail here, and (b) it's irrelevant to the nature of the
> error.

That's reasonable. If it is impossible to set it to an
impossible/failing value then that is even better.

Magnus seems to say it is possible to set this and then have it fail
later when it is used. Not sure which is correct.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com