Re: constraint exclusion analysis caching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: constraint exclusion analysis caching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 08:47 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> However, I wondered if we couldn't mitigate this by caching the results
> of constraint exclusion analysis for a particular table + condition. I
> have no idea how hard this would be, but in principle it seems silly to
> keep paying the same penalty over and over again.

This would be a perfect candidate for the plan-branch based on actual
parameters capability, in association with globally cached plans
mentioned here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg00920.php

Cheers,
Csaba.