Re: Possible to create a hidden collation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible to create a hidden collation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> There's no reason to create user defined collations with collencoding=-
> 1. As far as I can tell, collencoding is only there to hide built-in
> collations (inherited from template0) that aren't compatible with the
> current database encoding. So we can just always create user-defined
> collations with collencoding=GetDatabaseEncoding().

What happens if somebody makes a user-defined collation in template0
and then clones that into a different encoding?  I guess the user-defined
collation would then be hidden/inaccessible in the clone DB, so maybe it's
fine.

            regards, tom lane