Re: Vacuum time degrading - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuum time degrading
Date
Re: Vacuum time degrading  (Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com>)
Re: Vacuum time degrading  (Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com>)
List pgsql-general
Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com> writes:
> It took 5.2 hours again tonight to do the vacuum.  I don't see anything out
> of the ordinary - no explanation for the non-linear increases in vacuum
> time.

Would you post the complete VACUUM VERBOSE log?  The CPU/elapsed time lines
would help us identify where the time is going.

> This is what shows up at the end:

> INFO:  free space map: 93 relations, 282 pages stored; 1712 total pages
> needed
> DETAIL:  Allocated FSM size: 1000 relations + 1000000 pages = 5920 kB shared
> memory.

Well, you don't have a problem with FSM being too small anyway ;-)

            regards, tom lane