MERGE Specification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject MERGE Specification
Date
Re: MERGE Specification  ("A.M." <agentm@themactionfaction.com>)
Re: MERGE Specification  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
The following two files specify the behaviour of the MERGE statement and
how it will work in the world of PostgreSQL. In places, this supercedes
my recent commentary on MERGE, particularly with regard to triggers.

Neither of these files is intended for CVS.

The HTML file was generated from SGML source, though the latter is not
included here for clarity.

The test file shows how I expect a successful test run to look when a
regression test is executed with a working version of final MERGE patch
applied. It has behavioural comments in it also, to make it slightly
more readable.

If anybody has any questions, ask them now please, before I begin
detailed implementation.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com