Re: get rid of psql welcome message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: get rid of psql welcome message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 14:39 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Personally, I'd get rid of it all, because it gets boring after about three
> uses, so that we would be at

Many people I speak to use Postgres every 6 months or so, so changes
like this make them think its broke when its not.

I'd vote No, because personally I find software that changes for no good
reason to be boring, potentially bug causing and requires many
screenshots and HOWTOs of the software to become outdated.

I do strongly support your efforts to improve usability though but let's
keep stuff that works the same.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com