Re: Using results from INSERT ... RETURNING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using results from INSERT ... RETURNING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Right now, it looks like most of the code is being shared between all
> three plan types.  I'm pretty suspicious of how much code this patch
> moves around and how little of it is actually changed.  I can't really
> tell if there's an actual design improvement here or if this is all
> window-dressing.

My recollection is that we *told* Marko to set things up so that the
first patch was mainly just code refactoring.  So your second sentence
doesn't surprise me.  As to the third, I've not looked at the patch,
but perhaps it needs to expend more effort on documentation?