Re: Moving snapshot code around - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Moving snapshot code around
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 16:19 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> The other approach, of course, is to just keep all the code in tqual.c
> and not create a separate module at all.  Opinions?  I prefer to keep
> them separate, but I'm not wedded to it if there's any strong reason not
> to do it.  Also, the line is currently blurred because some users of
> snapshots mess with the internals directly (setting snapshot->curcid),
> but we could clean that up and make it so that those become external
> interface users too.

Sounds like a good idea to me -- +1 on keeping the code in two separate
files, and moving snapshot users toward using the external interface.

Given that there's no functional change here, I don't see anything to
stop this patch being applied sooner rather than later...

-Neil