Re: ER Diagram design tools (Linux) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Phil Rhoades
Subject Re: ER Diagram design tools (Linux)
Date
List pgsql-general
People,

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 20:56 -0700, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2008 20:33:43 Conor McTernan wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone knows of any good ER Diagram tools for
> > Postgres that run on Linux.
> >
> > I have been using DBDesigner by FabForce for a couple of years, but
> > development has stopped while MySQL workbench is being built (for
> > windows only). Neither of these applications will talk to Postgres and
> > I've found DBDesigner to be a bit buggy at the best of times (it's
> > still quite good and better than nothing I suppose).
> >
> > I've been using PgAdmin3 which is great for updating/managing
> > tables/view etc, but I would really like something for modelling ER
> > diagrams which will talk directly to Postgres.
> >
> > Does anyone know of any commercial or open source software that will do
> > this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Conor

> > TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
> >        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
>
> Have a look at Data Architect (www.theKompany.com)
> or Open System Architect (www.codebydesign.com)

I have never had much success with DA, don't know about OSA and although
I usually avoid Java, I have found Power*Architect excellent - they even
fixed a bug I found overnight!

http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599