Re: configurability of OOM killer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: configurability of OOM killer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 13:40 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Did you read my post on LKML?

Nice post, BTW. I think you should just submit a patch. There was a
similar problem sometime recently with counting mapped files incorrectly
towards the dirty ratio, so your issue has both clear error and
similar-ish precedent.

My comments are slightly tangential, but nonetheless relevant. I don't
think we will be listened to if we have unresolved issues in that area,
if you say you are from PGDG and want it fixed.

Maybe if I said nothing, it would help with LKML, but I say what I see.
Find me a person that thinks our memory management is easy to tune in
comparison to other DBMS.
--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com