Re: Solaris SPARC - Sun compiler 5.5 - 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Solaris SPARC - Sun compiler 5.5 - 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-ports
I wrote:
> "Clark, Andrew" <Andrew.Clark@fnf.com> writes:
>> Well that definitely did something, but now I get a different error:

> OK, thanks for the confirmation.  There was some discussion recently
> of whether we shouldn't add -DSUNOS4_CC to the solaris template,
> but we didn't have proof.

Actually, this doesn't prove anything one way or the other.  Because you
were manually specifying CFLAGS, and thereby overriding the template,
the lack of -DSUNOS4_CC in the manual CFLAGS caused the s_lock.c
failure.

So: which template did configure pick on your machine, anyway?
(This is reported in the first few lines of configure output)

            regards, tom lane