Help in Getting Started - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ray
Subject Help in Getting Started
Date
List pgsql-general
I just downloaded 9.0 onto my laptop and desktop Windows XP machines.
I would like to move data from an Excel spreadsheet into a database.
I understand that a method is to export the worksheet as a CVS and
then 'copy' into the database.

I have not been able to get function to happen in the shell.I have
tried creating a database in the shell but failed.  I was able to
create one in pgAdmin III.   I have read a copy tutorials but have not
been able to find one that is a simple step by step.

I would appreciate any help in learning how to learn.

ray