Re: Strange database corruption with PostgreSQL 7.4.x o - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias.Pitzl@izb.de
Subject Re: Strange database corruption with PostgreSQL 7.4.x o
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello all!

Ok, i found out some more informations. According to
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&
taskId=110&prodSeriesId=397634&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&objectID
=PSD_EX050119_CW01 one of our four disks in the server has a firmware issue.
The problem are incomplete writes onto disk while on high I/O load...
We will check this one first. If it won't help, we will try the hardware
diagnostics and some other tests...
Meanwhile thank you all for your suggestions :)

-- Matthias